Old March 16th 12, 07:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Basil Jet[_2_] Basil Jet[_2_] is offline

Default Oyster complaints

On 2012\03\16 19:01, Bruce wrote:
"Tim wrote:

Mizter T wrote:

I see increasing panic about the transport arrangements. For example the
wifi announcement today which was hilariously conflated with talk of
travel "hotspots" where they think there's going to be half-hour queues
to get on a train, even if they can get spectators to stagger their
journeys. (And make regular travellers stay at home, of course).

I think people who are wanting to see panic about it - e.g. yourself -
are seeing just that.

Maybe but I don't think it helps when the main source of information about
potential transport disruptions are media horror stories. I live not that
far from the Games and have not noticed a great deal of serious information
being circulated to encourage advance planning for the summer - there's been
nothing through my letter box for a start. Since nearly all my regular
journeys go through Stratford, which can be chaotic at the best of times,
it's understandable that people are starting to assume the worst.

It's only for a fortnight, plus some reduced disruption in the
previous week.

I'm sure you'll cope. It's hardly the Blitz, is it.

No, the bombs in the blitz didn't have plutonium in them.