Old March 17th 12, 10:22 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.americas
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Phone roaming in the US and Canada was card numbers, was cards, was E-ZPass, was CharlieCards v.v. Oyster (and Octopus?)

In message , at 10:44:44 on Sat, 17 Mar
2012, Someone Somewhere remarked:
I thought the relevant distances were 35KM and therefore 70KM for when
double-slots were in use (for long distance usage).

It sounds like something else is going on, but for the life of me I
can't work out what.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timing_advance

gives 35km and 120km (admittedly slightly less than the OP's estimate of
130km).