Old March 17th 12, 10:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default "Virgin Media wins London Underground wi-fi contract"

In article , (Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at
18:30:32 on Fri, 16 Mar 2012,
remarked:
Wetherspoon still has free wi-fi. At least until 27th November 2019.
http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/home/...ons/free-wi-fi

Like most of Skys "The Cloud" outlets, it's only free for the first
hour then you have to pay, and of course you have to sign up and sign
in for the service.

That way they can say they are providing "free" Wifi

Nothing on their web site about a 1 hour limit.

Something to try out, perhaps. After all it's free.

I wonder if you have to re-sign-in after an hour; I've come across
hotspots like that.

Not my experience in Wetherspoon's but I'm not sure I used the wi-fi for
over an hour when I used it.

--
Colin Rosenstiel