Old March 17th 12, 05:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Crossrail tunnelling to start shortly

In article , (Jim
Chisholm) wrote:

On 16/03/2012 23:30,
wrote:
In ,

(Jim Chisholm) wrote:

On 16/03/2012 00:17,
wrote:

"The scheme is currently the largest civil engineering project in
Europe."
Really? Bigger than the Gotthard Base Tunnel?
But that isn't in Europe...
It is in Switzerland

Which was in Europe last time I looked. It's even in Schengen.

Last time I was there they wouldn't even except Euros
{Isn't there some other country a bit like that!}
but I travelled, last year. from Zurich to Milan, in part just to
look at the works and the wonderful views, before it is all in tunnel

The existing Gotthard tunnel is rather non-trivial in length.

--
Colin Rosenstiel