Old March 17th 12, 05:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Crossrail tunnelling to start shortly

In article ,
(Basil Jet) wrote:

On 2012\03\17 14:21, Jim Chisholm wrote:

but I travelled, last year. from Zurich to Milan, in part just to
look
at the works and the wonderful views, before it is all in tunnel

Is the present route being shut when the Gotthard Base Tunnel opens?

I don't think so but I expect services will be reduced. They were cut
somewhat when the road tunnel opening caused the car ferry trains to cease.
Goeschenen (the North portal station) is a shadow of its former self.

--
Colin Rosenstiel