Old March 18th 12, 12:18 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.americas
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Phone roaming in the US and Canada was card numbers, wascards, was E-ZPass, was CharlieCards v.v. Oyster (and Octopus?)

On Mar 18, 12:58*pm, Clive wrote:

In message , Roland Perry
writes:
Coastal base stations (such as the one which you contacted in northern
France) can be adjusted to allow twice the normal propagation delay, so
that large areas of sea are covered.

The last few times I've been on a Sealink Ferry I've got their very own
base station.

Sealink?

I'm not aware of any of the cross-channel ferries offering their own
on-ship base stations, at least on the eastern crossings, e.g. Dover-
Calais/Dunkirk. My experience has been that you retain mobile
reception from one side or another for the whole cross-channel ferry
crossing.