Old March 18th 12, 01:45 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.americas
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Phone roaming in the US and Canada was card numbers, wascards, was E-ZPass, was CharlieCards v.v. Oyster (and Octopus?)

On Mar 18, 1:43*pm, Clive wrote:

In message
,
Mizter T writes:
I'm not aware of any of the cross-channel ferries offering their own
on-ship base stations, at least on the eastern crossings, e.g. Dover-
Calais/Dunkirk. My experience has been that you retain mobile
reception from one side or another for the whole cross-channel ferry
crossing.

In which case I have made a mistake and it must have been
Portsmouth/Caen.

A v quick google appears to confirm that Brittany Ferries have such an
arrangement. Haven't been on one of their ferries for some time!