Old March 18th 12, 08:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default Crossrail tunnelling to start shortly

On Sat, 17 Mar 2012 15:00:01 +0000 (UTC), Alistair Gunn
wrote:

In uk.railway Graeme Wall twisted the electrons to say:
On 16/03/2012 14:24, Recliner wrote:
I thought we didn't have any in-service fixed-wing aircraft carriers,
with or without aircraft?

We still have HMS Illustrious, though she's not in commission.

That was a fast decommissioning, she was only on her way back from an
exercise off the coast of Norway on the 16th!

Of course, we do have two under
construction for delivery in a few years.

One of which is scheduled to go direct from the slipway to the scrapyard.

Well, straight from slipway to the reserves ...

Looks like there's another change of plan coming down the slipway:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2...carriers-costs