Old March 19th 12, 09:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Offramp Offramp is offline

Default Bloody traffic police at accidents

On Friday, 16 March 2012 23:18:35 UTC, Alek Smart wrote:
I seem to recall it being Brendan's brother Domnic who made the Police
Intervention comment....

"I can concieve of no human situation so awful,that could'nt be immediately
worsened by the interest of a Gard" (Irish Police)

Either way, it's worth raising a glass to the pair of em on the day ?

Thanks! I have never ever seen the quote written down... I heard it once (on Radio 4, I suppose) and thought it was so true that I remembered it.
I shall continue to quote it, now-properly-attributed, with 'policeman' (of course) instead of Gard.

Cheers!