Old March 19th 12, 05:20 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.americas
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default card numbers, was cards, was E-ZPass, was CharlieCards v.v. Oyster (and Octopus?)

In message , at 12:37:05 on Mon, 19 Mar
2012, Stephen Sprunk remarked:
your entire country is smaller than some of our "service areas".
Remember that the US has roughly twice the area of the entire EU, so our
"domestic" is your "international".

I thought you said that the USA didn't have service areas any more, just
national coverage thanks to the domestic roaming agreements.

We were discussing 1G service, which no longer exists.

So the bit about "our domestic is your international" should have been
in the past tense (backdated to 1G)?

"Service areas"
mostly went away with 2G service and free domestic roaming; the only
obvious remainder is they determine which area code your number is from.