Old March 19th 12, 08:00 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.americas
Stephen Sprunk Stephen Sprunk is offline

Default card numbers, was cards, was E-ZPass, was CharlieCards v.v. Oyster(and Octopus?)

On 19-Mar-12 11:26, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 11:10:46 on Mon, 19 Mar
2012, Stephen Sprunk remarked:
Even if that wasn't EMV, it's just a matter of time until someone
figures out how to do it.

In the mean time, it's so unlikely, especially if the objective is
stealing a few train tickets, that we can discount it.

Unlikely? It's a certainty. I wouldn't be surprised if someone has
already done so and just hasn't publicized that fact--for obvious
reasons.

It's not the kind of secret that would keep very well.

There are plenty of reasons for everyone (both the criminals and the
banks) to keep such a success very, very secret.