Old March 19th 12, 11:28 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.americas
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default card numbers, was cards, was E-ZPass, was CharlieCards v.v.Oyster (and Octopus?)

On Mar 19, 7:40*pm, Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 19:03:06
on Mon 19 Mar 2012, Clive remarked:
[...]
I'm not too sure about that, remember everyone with a computer using
fake cards to decode satellite, until I believe it became outlawed, now
no-one hears anything but it still goes on.

SkyTV hacks are well known. And what's interesting to observers in the
security industry is the "early adopters" of such things, not the "long
tail".

NDS VideoGuard encryption (BSkyB) is pretty secure. It was the SECA
Mediaguard encryption used by ONdigital / ITV digital that was very
widely taken advantage of. (Lots of entertaining rumours that NDS - a
News Corp company - might have helped to break it, then release
information about how to defeat it into the 'hacker community'.)