Old March 20th 12, 05:29 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.americas
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default card numbers, was cards, was E-ZPass, was CharlieCards v.v. Oyster (and Octopus?)

On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 15:57:57 -0500, Stephen Sprunk
wrote:
Do European banks not have the concept of secondary cards? Each

gets
their own card with their own name on it, and they're linked to a

common
account, but secondary card holders are _not_ signatories to the

card
contract and therefore are not legally liable for payment--which

means
they can be minors.

There are "authorised user" cards which are basically that. I had
one on my parents' account (strictly for use with permission only or
for emergencies) but I can't remember how old I was when I got it -
might have been 16 or 18.

Neil

--
Neil Williams, Milton Keynes, UK