Old March 20th 12, 05:01 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.americas
R J Cardy[_2_] R J Cardy[_2_] is offline

Default card numbers, was cards, was E-ZPass, was CharlieCards v.v. Oyster (and Octopus?)

"Roland Perry" wrote in message ...

What I agree we didn't get to the bottom of is how the card companies can
issue 'normal' VISA debit cards while also promising the cardholder that
they (the cardholder) will not be allowed to overdraw.

The same way they could hand out cheque books with £50 cheque guarantee
cards (cgc).
I once opened a bank account with £1 and received a cheque book containing
30
cheques plus a £50 cgc. Maybe it was because I worked for a company known as
Access.

Richard