Old March 21st 12, 06:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Graeme Wall Graeme Wall is offline

Default Crossrail tunnelling to start shortly

On 21/03/2012 06:51, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 23:51:45 on Tue, 20 Mar
2012, The Real Doctor remarked:
You forget that Polson was Morton's right hand man on the project and
therefore knows everything about it.

iirc he was involved in one of the rival bids (and unsuccessful) bids to
build a bridge instead.

[citation require]

http://groups.google.com/group/uk.ra...5dfe76b6edfa72

Sorry, I knew he'd posted about the bridge option, but I had the context
reversed.

There were other postings where he claimed that the Euroroute (bridge)
option was so much better and all those working on the tunnel agreed
with him.

--
Graeme Wall
Railway Miscellany at http://www.greywall.demon.co.uk/rail