Old March 21st 12, 11:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster complaints

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 12:55:46PM +0000, Mizter T wrote:
On 20/03/2012 12:20, David Cantrell wrote:
On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 03:28:54PM +0000, Roland Perry wrote:
That's the Olympic Park, most of the infrastructure I refer to is
elsewhere, in the transport, local regeneration and so on.

What transport? There's no new stations. What regeneration? Westfield
would have been built anyway according to the developers, and anything
else might just about make up for all the business that were knocked
down to make way for the gigantic white elephant.

Significant ODA transport funding has for instance gone towards the
North London Line upgrade (both new trains and infrastructure), the DLR
three car project (both rolling stock and infrastructure), and the new
DLR route from Stratford International to Canning Town (which includes
new stations).

I sit corrected then - thanks.

Still not convinced that it's enough to make the whole thing worthwhile
though, and there's still all the money being wasted on a stadium etc
and on people running in circles.

--
David Cantrell | Bourgeois reactionary pig

Compromise: n: lowering my standards so you can meet them