Old February 24th 04, 01:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Jim Brown Jim Brown is offline

Default Brixton turning loop

"Fossil" wrote in message ...
"Matt Ashby" wrote in message
om...
Are there any plans for a turning loop at Brixton Underground? At the
moment you very often have to wait in the south bound tunnel because
trains are moving over the scissors junction at the northern end of
the station.

Alternatively, are there any turn-back sidings at the southern end of
the station? Couldn't these be used to turn trains around? Would the
time spent ensuring each train was empty before entering the sidings
be prohibitive?

Matt Ashby

www.fornogoodreason.org.uk

Don't think they'll ever put a loop, probably cost too much £££. Not sure if
there is anything south of the tunnels, did see a train go through them
*once*

Well I have heard man-in-the-pub type info that a loop has been
proposed in conjunction with with a southern extension. (To Herne Hill
I think) And it would be almost the only reliable way to increase
frequency on the Vicc, but yes I think with have seen the last of new
tube construction in London (Considering that crossrail if it happens
wouldn't actually be a "tube")