Old March 22nd 12, 09:53 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Paul Scott[_3_] Paul Scott[_3_] is offline

Default King's Cross: the Parcel Yard

"John Salmon" wrote in message

...There is a surprising number of interconnecting rooms in this area,
and it would be interesting to learn more about their previous uses.

I had a look at Camden's planning website about a week ago, back when we
were discussing fairly insignificant matters such as station access routes
and such like, in order to confirm that the pub was on the first and second
floors, and completely on the land side of the barriers.

The application number is 2011/4837/L, and Part 1 of 7 of the 'supporting
documents' appears to describe the building history. The pub outline
design was by Arup!

The two main departure boards each have 20 panels, showing the next 18
departures or departures for the next 90[*] minutes, whichever is the
fewer; the 19th and 20th panels are summaries of departures and arrivals,
but with no 'headings' to show which is which - you just have to know, or
be capable of working it out.

[*] is 90 minutes the standard cut-off for stations managed by Network
Rail? At stations managed by East Coast, it's 99 minutes.

No, I don't think there is a standard, I expect they just put up what will
fit the space available. Otherwise places like Waterloo would probably need
four times as many 'panels' as they've actually got...

Paul S