Old March 22nd 12, 10:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default Crossrail tunnelling to start shortly

On Thu, 22 Mar 2012 11:10:06 +0000
David Cantrell wrote:
It makes sense to me. An awful lot of journeys will be a hell of a lot
shorter than Maidenhead (not Reading) to Shenfield, and even for those
few people going all the way, it's only an hour and a half, as near as
damnit the same as Richmond to Upminster, which also has no bogs and
no-one seems to mind that.

I suspect the central bit will be packed as people use it as an alternative
to the tube (assuming Oyster will be valid and they're not going to try it
on with special fares). I don't think you'd want smelly , possibly blocked
toilets in the carraige in that scenario.

B2003