Old March 22nd 12, 02:58 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Fat richard Fat richard is offline

Default King's Cross: the Parcel Yard

On Mar 21, 10:54*pm, "John Salmon"
wrote:
I'm surprised that the Parcel Yard (new pub and dining area at King's Cross)
hasn't been commented on here. *It's at first-floor level between platforms
8 and 9, with rooms looking out onto both the suburban and mainline
platforms.

I haven't been up there yet, but wonder if this is in the area of the
old indoor tennis courts that were sealed off (literally) in the late
1980s due to an Anthrax scare? When I worked in the Telephone Enquiry
Bureau (remember those) I often wandered around all the abandoned west
side offices (including the tennis courts).

I passed trough very briefly on Tuesday and got poked by a young girl
with one of those big foam pointing fingers. She was taking her remit
to send people to the departure hall a little too literally. All good
natured stuff but she really was most insistant that I didn't want to
go into the arrivals hall.

Having been a Biggleswade commuter for 20 years (not now) I had to put
up with the idiosyncrasies of the main concourse vs no concourse (1-8
vs 9-11) shambles so I guess FCC passengers have probably gained most
from being in pole position for either main shed or Suburban
departures and with decent facillities. Long overdue.

Richard