Old March 22nd 12, 08:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default Crossrail tunnelling to start shortly

On Thu, 22 Mar 2012 15:03:36 +0000 (UTC), d
wrote:

On Thu, 22 Mar 2012 14:18:40 +0000
Recliner wrote:
On Thu, 22 Mar 2012 13:46:55 +0000 (UTC),

On Thu, 22 Mar 2012 05:23:19 -0700 (PDT)
77002 wrote:
By the time Crossrail is built, Paddington to Reading will be
electrified. Crossrail will run to Reading.

Well yes, thats part of the scheme.

Is it? When was that announced?

Unofficially. Maidenhead is hardly the most logical place for a terminus.

So it hasn't been announced, and isn't part of the plan, but is just
your presumption. Given that it's a TfL managed project, and is
ordering sans-toilet trains, Maidenhead may be as far west as it
should go.

Presumably improved now that the Moorgate branch is no more? But

Perhaps, I haven't been on it since that closed. Though given that section
didn't have much traffic

there's still the need to change voltage at Farringdon, something that
won't be needed with XRail.

That takes seconds. The main issue when I used it was the slow speed on the
line itself and the constant stopping.

Maybe also connected with the rebuilding of Blackfriars station?
Certainly, it should be much quicker once the project is complete
(including London Bridge and the new tracks between the two).