Old March 22nd 12, 08:15 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Kings Cross - site visit

In message , at
20:41:09 on Thu, 22 Mar 2012, Arthur Figgis
remarked:
All the toilets are 30p (beneath the pub and at the southern end of the
mezzanine), and I don't understand how the Prezzo bar complies with the
law in this respect. The pub has its own free toilets on both floors.

What law?

There are lots stations with catering and only paid-for bogs, and
others with catering and no bogs at all. I looked this up with regard
to a then-new coffee place on West Croydon station, and it seemed that
it is myth that toilets have to be provided where there is food and
drink on sale, however local authorities can choose to require them.

I'm fairly sure there's a law that says you must provide free toilets if
you serve alcohol - and this has been floated as the reason why St
Pancras toilets are free (the champagne bar etc).

However I'm happy to revert to a legal newsgroup to discuss if this is
an urban legend.