Old March 23rd 12, 08:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default Crossrail tunnelling to start shortly

On Thu, 22 Mar 2012 21:06:09 +0000
Recliner wrote:
Unofficially. Maidenhead is hardly the most logical place for a terminus.

So it hasn't been announced, and isn't part of the plan, but is just
your presumption. Given that it's a TfL managed project, and is
ordering sans-toilet trains, Maidenhead may be as far west as it
should go.

AFAIK the line to reading is "protected". Whatever that means in practice.

That takes seconds. The main issue when I used it was the slow speed on the
line itself and the constant stopping.

Maybe also connected with the rebuilding of Blackfriars station?

They hadn't even started on that when I worked down there. This was 2006-2007.

Certainly, it should be much quicker once the project is complete
(including London Bridge and the new tracks between the two).

Given the money spent one would hope so.

B2003