Old March 23rd 12, 12:21 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Kings Cross - site visit

In message , at 21:15:06 on Thu, 22 Mar
2012, Roland Perry remarked:

I'm fairly sure there's a law that says you must provide free toilets
if you serve alcohol - and this has been floated as the reason why St
Pancras toilets are free (the champagne bar etc).

However I'm happy to revert to a legal newsgroup to discuss if this is
an urban legend.

Having done that, it seems that there's no overarching legal
requirement, but some councils have it as (in effect) a byelaw through
standard licencing conditions. But not Camden.

Looking at Camden's online licencing site, the Parcel Yard, M&S[1] and
the apparently[2] dry Mexican fastfood joint next to the wine bar have
licences, but the wine bar itself isn't listed.

[1] The outlet my earlier informant must have missed, on the outer edge,
along with the escalators from the NTH which others have missed.
This is a fascinating time, when seasoned travellers can experience
what it's like to be an infrequent user of a station.

[2] I had a quick look around it yesterday evening and couldn't see any
alcohol for sale.