Old March 23rd 12, 02:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Crossrail tunnelling to start shortly

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 05:23:19AM -0700, 77002 wrote:
On Mar 22, 11:47=A0am, wrote:
On Thu, 22 Mar 2012 11:10:06 +0000
David Cantrell wrote:
It makes sense to me. =A0An awful lot of journeys will be a hell of a lo=

shorter than Maidenhead (not Reading) to Shenfield, and even for those
few people going all the way, it's only an hour and a half, as near as
damnit the same as Richmond to Upminster, which also has no bogs and
no-one seems to mind that.

I suspect the central bit will be packed as people use it as an alternati=

ve
to the tube (assuming Oyster will be valid and they're not going to try i=

on with special fares). I don't think you'd want smelly , possibly blocke=

toilets in the carraige in that scenario.

Thameslink has on board facilities. Thameslink's central section is
extremely well utilized.

Brighton to Bedford is nearly an hour longer journey, so there's more
reason to have bogs on the trains.

I apologize if I offended you personally,
I intended to do it professionally.
-- Steve Champeon, on the nanog list