Old March 24th 12, 04:26 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
David Buttery David Buttery is offline

Default Kings Cross - site visit

On Thu, 22 Mar 2012 20:41:09 +0000, Arthur Figgis wrote:

On 22/03/2012 20:21, Roland Perry wrote:

All the toilets are 30p (beneath the pub and at the southern end of the
mezzanine), and I don't understand how the Prezzo bar complies with the
law in this respect. The pub has its own free toilets on both floors.

What law?

There are lots stations with catering and only paid-for bogs, and others
with catering and no bogs at all. I looked this up with regard to a
then-new coffee place on West Croydon station, and it seemed that it is
myth that toilets have to be provided where there is food and drink on
sale, however local authorities can choose to require them.

I think that is the correct answer. From my memory (which may admittedly
be wrong) the Station Cafe in Craven Arms -- not at the station, despite
its name -- does not have any toilet facilities at all.

--
Bewdley, Worcs. ~90m asl.