Old March 26th 12, 01:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default Crossrail tunnelling to start shortly

On Mon, 26 Mar 2012 13:57:43 +0100
David Cantrell wrote:
On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 12:44:30PM +0000, d wrote:
On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 04:57:19 -0700 (PDT)
77002 wrote:
Meanwhile, the route is being electrified to Reading where ample new

Is this going to be the first stage of the electrification of the whole
GWR main line or is that still pie in the sky?

It's been approved at least as far as Bristol and Cardiff, but not
onwards to Swansea. I don't know about the branch down to Exeter,
Penzance etc.

I vaguely remember reading something about clearance issues with the severn
tunnel wrt overhead wires.

B2003