Old March 30th 12, 12:02 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Phil Cook Phil Cook is offline

Default TfL games advertising outside London

On 30/03/2012 11:14, d wrote:
On Fri, 30 Mar 2012 10:46:56 +0100
Phil wrote:

Really? Perhaps in your strange world but folk with children will have

Not all "folk" (are you american?) have children and given the recession many
of the ones who do will be struggling to pay the bills, never mind being able
to afford to go away on a 2 week break at the most expensive time of the year.

A well known British phrase is: There's nowt so queer as folk. Do you
see that top level domain at the end of my address? .uk is as British as
the BR sandwich.

I'm not struggling to pay the bills, perhaps because I don't have any
saucepans [1] and can take my major holiday of three weeks (from a six
week allowance) outside the peak season. :-) Two and three week breaks
are the norm in my place of work.

[1] Cockney rhyming slang, though I wasn't born within earshot of Bow Bells.
--
Phil Cook