Old March 30th 12, 12:56 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default TfL games advertising outside London

In message , at 12:30:26 on Fri, 30 Mar
2012, d remarked:
According to who? And what is a "significant percentage"? Unless its more
than about 20% which I highly doubt then it'll make sod all difference.

Reports say that 21% "want to leave" and 12% will. That's seven million
people, which quite a big chunk.

Which reports?

Google is your friend.

And half of the people saying they want to leave will? Thats a
big leap.

No, it's separate surveys.

And is that the same in every region?

Not seem a breakdown, but it's likely to be skewed to the South-East,
because that's where people have the money to take the time off, and
where most of the disruption will be.

I'd love to think otherwise but I suspect we're in for 3 weeks of travel
chaos in London over the olympics.

I'm sure it will indeed be pretty grim. And that's *even* *if* they can
get lots of people to flee for the fortnight.

All that and 23 billion poorer

Huh? The bill is in the region of 8-9 billion, not 23.