Old March 30th 12, 05:58 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mark Bestley[_2_] Mark Bestley[_2_] is offline

Default TfL games advertising outside London

wrote:

On Fri, 30 Mar 2012 12:03:46 +0100
"Robin" wrote:
The fact that in the office of about 40 people I work in only 1 has
taken
a holiday of longer than 10 days in the last year. None of my friends
or family have taken 2 weeks either and last year I didn't notice an
appreciable drop in commuter traffic levels in london last summer
either.

So other than first hand experience I don't have any evidence.

No risk of sampling bias then? And no contradiction between your

And 5000 people out of 60 million no doubt with loaded questions to get the
result they wanted isn't biased either?

conclusion and the ONS who reported in "Travel Trends 2010" the average
over all overseas holiday trips in 2010 was 10 nights?

Did their survey have a time cutoff or was it a simple average that
included students off on a 6 month backback around the world?

It probably included people from financial institutions who have to take
off two weeks (for me I think it was for libaility insturance reasons
but other financiual institutions just to check for fraud ) c.f.
http://www.theanswerbank.co.uk/Law/Question627526.html also see this
article implying two holidays were common
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/ma...acing-two-week
-break - also fits in with my experience

Also the volume of commuters will be lower in the summer due to no
school journeys,

--
Mark