Old March 30th 12, 10:38 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.americas
Adam H. Kerman Adam H. Kerman is offline

Default Telephone line numbers, prefixes, and area codes

Frank Erskine wrote:

My current "favourite" Americanism is the announcement on a delayed
aeroplane that "the airplane will be taking off momentarily".

You hear "for a moment"; we hear "in a moment".

Well, we hear the stewardess begging us not to panic because she really
has no idea how much longer it will be till we have a take-off slot.