Old March 31st 12, 09:52 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.americas
Richard J.[_3_] Richard J.[_3_] is offline

Default Telephone line numbers, prefixes, and area codes

Miles Bader wrote on 31 March 2012 02:10:00 ...
Graham writes:
Guy is pointing out that you are cross-
posting to two newsgroups where we call such devices
mobiles.

So if "cellular" is an international concept, is it acceptable to everyone
else for Guy to pretend to be obtuse?

It's fine with me. If you're not interested in how things are done
in the UK why are you cross-posting to UK newsgroups?

Wait, what exactly is the argument here...?

That people are continually posting to uk.transport.london (a) about
non-transport non-London matters, and (b) with an assumption that their
audience is American or at any rate understands US-only variants of
English. 971 posts so far in this thread, according to Google Groups.

Follow-ups set to exclude u.t.l
--
Richard J.