Old March 31st 12, 03:32 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Arthur Figgis Arthur Figgis is offline

Default TfL games advertising outside London

On 31/03/2012 15:42, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at
12:57:36 on Sat, 31 Mar 2012, Arthur Figgis
remarked:
This is a typical bit of Usenet nonsense, where people are too inclined
to rubbish the efforts of other professionals, while claiming their own
activities are a tour de force that's beyond reproach from mere
amateurs.

As in the Titanic was built by professionals, the Ark by amateurs?

I wonder how many marketing/PR people have more than a GCSE in maths?

Thanks for digging a bit more of this hole, and jumping in!

Hmm. Are we building up to you saying that there is a conspiracy by Big
Maths and people with specific sector knowledge to suppress the secret
truths unveiled by PR surveys, a bit like the way people with medical
qualifications conspire against homoeopathy?

If something is important (so not Usenet!), I prefer my information to
come from informed and knowledgeable people with some idea of what they
are doing. Based on long experience I don't trust PR-driven "research".

A while ago I saw some PR research supposedly based on passengers at
Liverpool Street station, complete with pictures of the survey in
process. It didn't say whether the sample was biased by all the
trainspotters who would no doubt have turned out to see the very unusual
Gatwick Express class 460 move visible in the background.

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK