Old March 31st 12, 06:00 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Clive Clive is offline

Default TfL games advertising outside London

In message , Graham Nye
writes
The 22% figure relates to over-65s. I doubt there are 68 million
pensioners in the UK. I might believe that a fifth of pensioners
can afford a foreign holiday but the idea that a fifth of them
across the nation will flee the country to avoid the olympics
seems ... unexpected. (For most of the country avoiding the games
is just a case of avoiding TV and press coverage.)

I'm an OAP and live in West Cumbria, so I'll only be affected it the
excess Londoners decide to come to the Lake district. (I hope they
don't, it gets congested enough up here in the summer anyway.)
--
Clive