Old April 1st 12, 01:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Someone Somewhere Someone Somewhere is offline

Default Golden Tours - why Shadwell & Cable Street?

On 01/04/2012 13:40, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Sun, 01 Apr 2012 12:21:26 +0100, Someone Somewhere
wrote:

I've noticed over the last few days that Golden Tours now seem to be
running a double-decker open top bus along Cable Street and using the
Bus Stand outside the old St Georges Town Hall (even with passengers on
board).

Is this a temporary diversion, or have they really run that short of
things to see in London that suddenly the sights of Shadwell are
important to them?

Doesn't look to be temporary as Golden Tours have amended their London
Service Permit to reference in service journeys on one of their tours.
The extension appears to have started a little while back.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...p_bulletin.pdf

[see page 12]

Thanks Paul - I was looking for "Golden Tours" (as that's what's written
on their buses) rather than anyone else and hence didn't pick it up.

(And in that vein, whose job is it to enforce Bus Stand restrictions
such as not running engines whilst just sitting there?)

TfL I would imagine as stands are under their ownership but an initial
approach to the operator would give them the chance to put things
right.

I've already put in a comment to TfL - once I work out exactly whom the
operator is I'll contact them too.

As a general point, without consultation, it's ok as far as TfL are
concerned that suddenly people can have bus loads of gawping tourists
outside their first floor windows?