Old April 2nd 12, 01:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Someone Somewhere Someone Somewhere is offline

Default Golden Tours - why Shadwell & Cable Street?

On 01/04/2012 15:42, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Sun, 01 Apr 2012 14:08:12 +0100, Someone Somewhere
wrote:

r name and contact address.

As a general point, without consultation, it's ok as far as TfL are
concerned that suddenly people can have bus loads of gawping tourists
outside their first floor windows?

TfL simply operate the licensing process and there is information in
the LSP section of the TfL website about how they assess applications.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...e-Document.pdf

Interesting as I fail to see how running a bus a further two miles
through an area of zero interest to tourists can be in the interests of
the London public (particularly as it doesn't serve them at all and just
gets in everyones way, and that's before the noise annoyance they are
causing to me).

I mean, seriously, how many people are going to travel to Shadwell to
catch a hop-on, hop-off open top bus tour? It's not like the local
residents are likely to want to catch it either at 20quid a pop or whatever.

Out of interest - when was the right time to make a representation to
TfL when they were considering the licensing? I certainly received no
notification, and the existence of LSPs was news to me yesterday.