Old April 1st 12, 11:24 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
trainguard trainguard is offline

Default TfL games advertising outside London

On Mar 30, 9:50*am, wrote:
On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 19:54:00 +0100

Jim Chisholm wrote:
Actually many people take two weeks off at that time of the year. Rail
traffic drops so much on some lines that they remove some peak hour
restrictions.
It is called holidays...

So the whole of london is going to go away on holiday in the same 2 weeks
as the Olympics? Someone better tell the airports and ferry ports or there'll
be chaos!

Meanwhile back in the real world , unless you're a teacher then you don't
get the option of having the whole of the summer off and most people don't
take 2 week holidays anymore anyway. 1 week is the norm these days.

B2003

When I started teaching secondary school in the 1970s (considered the
halcyon days), I got six weeks off in July and August (and you needed
it!). Before I retired in 2010, I considered myself lucky if I managed
about three weeks from the university where I worked in the same
period (and part of that involved research trips).

Dr. Barry Worthington