Old April 2nd 12, 01:43 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.americas
[email protected] hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com is offline

Default Cell phones, British dials

On Apr 1, 5:34*pm, wrote:

Are you finding that the inks which I pasted in don't work? *I am, but
if I put the HTTP:// back in they do.

Yes, I got to it. Interesting stuff. thanks for sharing it.

Would you know if the British railway system ever had radio phones for
use by passengers as premier American trains did?

Also, at one time almost every US train station had a payphone, but
they are rare to find now. Some stations still have them mostly to
serve as an emergency phone (no charge to call police), though of
course one can still make a normal call. Overall, pay phones have
become rather rare in the US thanks to cell phones, and cheaper phone
rates.

Do British railway stations still have pay phones?

(In the old days, most large places of employment had a pay phone for
employees to make personal calls. Today, many employers allow
employees to use the office phone for a quick personal call.)