Old February 24th 04, 09:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Lawrence Myers Lawrence Myers is offline

Default Whatever happened to the Mill Hill East extension?

Marratxi wrote:
"Lawrence Myers" wrote in message
Boltar wrote:
I remember a few years back there was talk of the line from MHE
being extended to Copthall Stadium. Mind you , this has been put
forward plenty of times in the past. Was this just people chucking
ideas about or was/is there a real project for this currently on
hold?

B2003

As I remember it, this was purely a proposal by the loacal
authority, LB of Barnet. LU immediately refuted the idea, claiming
it had not done the necessary research, and that most of the
original track had been built over. I don't think that it was ever a
real starter.

--
Lawrence Myers
Remove numbers,if present, from address to reply.

I was at the London Transport Museum at Covent Garden today and their
tube train on display has the destination Bushey Heath !!! Can post
photo on alt.binaries.pictures.rail if wanted.
Cheerz,
Baz

That was something completely different. In late 1930's there was a plan to
extend Edgware Branch northward to Elstree & Bushey Heath. Prelimiary
building work took place in Edgware and bridge butresses are still visible
from A41. This was abandoned on outbreak of WWII, and never resurrected.

The route being discussed here is the old goods line (orginally passenger)
from Mill Hill East, past Mill Hill (The Hale) to a separate station in
Edgware. It went past the site of the present Copthall Stadium.