Old April 3rd 12, 01:43 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.americas
Alistair Gunn Alistair Gunn is offline

Default Telephone line numbers, prefixes, and area codes

In uk.railway Adam H. Kerman twisted the electrons to say:
Yet, one of our friends from the UK tells us that "cell phone" is a term
that's sometimes used to distinguish the concept from "cordless phone",
as both types are mobile.

Not recently though ... None of the networks advertise "cell phones",
nor do the non-network specific retailers. It may have been used a
couple of decades ago, but it's certainly not in common usage now.

Or wireless phones. Using country-specific terminology likely wouldn't
have drawn comment if you weren't cross-posting to newsgroups for other
countries where that term _isn't_ used.

I haven't used country-specific terminology, Stephen. You're wrong.

You have though ... If you wandered into a pub in the UK and said you'd
lost your cell phone I suspect many/most (or maybe even all) of the
people there wouldn't know what you meant.