Old April 4th 12, 12:22 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.americas
[email protected] hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Telephone line numbers, prefixes, and area codes

On 01/04/2012 18:19, wrote:
On Apr 1, 6:53 am,
wrote:

Also, there are new countries in the NANP.

The newest one that I can think of is St. Maarten, which joined NANP on
30 September with the 721 area code, from its previous country code of +599.
I know that Guam, American Samoa and the Northern Mariana Islands
switched their respective country codes to area codes in the late 90s.
Has there been or anybody else as of late will there be? Does St. Pierre
et Miquelon plan to eventually join NANP? (I can't see that happening,
to be honest.)-

Originally Mexico was to have an area code, but that was changed to a
separate country code. Not sure why, it would seem to make sense to
make it part of NANP.

Are any plans like that in the offing?

As to St. Pierre and Miquelon, there are so few people living there it
probably doesn't matter.

Yet it did matter that it had a separate country code of +508. But
that's the French, I suppose.

It is amazing that there is a French colony
embedded within the US and Canada. Very few people know about it.

The last French colony in that part of the world.