Old April 5th 12, 09:41 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.rail.americas
Peter Masson[_2_] Peter Masson[_2_] is offline

Default Cell phones, British dials

"Graeme Wall" wrote

Just before nationalisation, the GWR had a plan for an Automat fitted
buffet car. I've only seen artists impressions so I assume it never went
ahead.

In the early 1960s an SK had a compartment stripped and fitted with some
vending machines, billed as an 'Automatic Buffet Car'. For a time it was
rostered on the Cambrian Coast Express between Aberystwyth and Shrewsbury
(where it was detached from the up and attached to the down train). I don't
think it had much success, and it certainly didn't last.

Peter