Old April 6th 12, 08:50 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
77002 77002 is offline

Default Crossrail tunnelling to start shortly

On Apr 6, 8:40*am, Mark Goodge
wrote:
On Thu, 5 Apr 2012 08:35:59 -0700 (PDT), D DB 90001 put finger to keyboard
and typed:

On Thursday, 5 April 2012 15:34:12 UTC+1, Chris J Dixon *wrote:
D DB 90001 wrote:

Looking at the aerial photographs (http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=skq...=183.09&st...), I think I might have a slightly better solution. If the station was to be relocated to the West of the bridge, land take could probably take place to the North and the South of the new station - and the close proximity to the London Overground platforms would make a station interchange somewhat shorter. Removing the turn-back sidings would free up space for some of the island platforms, and the lines could be realigned without requiring any changes to the bridge. It looks like there is potential for retaining walls to the West of the bridge, as suggested before. Seehttp://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=51.54695933837645~-0.192700713872904...and
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=hampst....546779,-0.191...

Any chance you could manage to limit yourself to a reasonable
line length, it gets really difficult to read.

I guess Google is the culprit, but others seem to fight it into
submission..

My apologies. I think it's because of my 22 inch monitor which seems to make the lines very long when I'm in full screen mode. Although

No; it's a known bug in the new version of Google Groups. You can fix it by
going back to the old version.

Does any one actually like the new Google Groups? I fail to see any
andantage.