Old April 6th 12, 04:10 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
77002 77002 is offline

Default Crossrail tunnelling to start shortly

On Apr 6, 10:52*am, Roger Lynn wrote:
On 05/04/12 17:29, 77002 wrote:

On Apr 5, 2:39 pm, D DB 90001
wrote:
On Wednesday, 4 April 2012 23:39:00 UTC+1, Jamie *Thompson *wrote:
On Wednesday, 4 April 2012 20:12:02 UTC+1, 77002 *wrote:
But is there enough room to do this? *IIRC the line (GC, Met,
Jubilee) is in something of a cutting at this point.

If you consider that curvature is less of a problem at low speed,
and that trains that will be stopping (i.e. all of them) will be
at low speed, then things get much easier. The bridge is the
primary issue, no doubt.

While I can imagine trains from Wycombe, Banbury and maybe Aylesbury
stopping at West Hampstead, I can't say the same for those from
Birmingham. That would be no more likely than trains from Leeds stopping
at Finsbury Park, from Birmingham at Willesden Junction or from
Leicester at West Hampstead. Oh, and Jamie, please could you try to
persuade Google to wrap your lines properly?

snip

However, having given it some though, I question the value of
stopping Chiltern trains at West Hampstead. *The Jubilee Line
parallels the Bakerloo across the West End. *Passengers for Kings
Cross Saint Pancras, or the City can change elsewhere for the
Metropolitan.

Where?

Harrow-on-the-Hill, or walk from Marylebone to Baker Street.