Old April 9th 12, 05:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
contrex contrex is offline

Default Ruislip Station sidings

Are London Underground lines designated "Up" and "Down"? I have found a set of signalling diagrams for the Uxbridge branch as it was in 1948...

http://www.harsig.org/PDF/Uxbridge_Branch.pdf

....and the tracks are clearly labelled "Westbound" (towards Uxbridge) and "Eastbound" (towards Rayners Lane). However this seems odd, since I thought Met tracks were designated NB and SB. I know the Met had main line pretensions, and there up Up/Down sidings at Baker Street, apparently. Anyway, the diagram shows a little goods yard on the north ("eastbound"/"up"/"southbound") side but nothing on the southern side of the station.

In the track diagram accompanying the Accident Report on the 1981 Harrow North derailment, the lines at Harrow that dive under the Met main line to Uxbridge are called "NB Uxbridge" and "SB Uxbridge".

http://www.railwaysarchive.co.uk/doc...wNorth1981.pdf