Old April 12th 12, 07:30 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Crossrail tunnelling to start shortly

In message , at 00:00:02 on
Thu, 12 Apr 2012, Charles Ellson remarked:
On Wed, 11 Apr 2012 09:01:41 +0100, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message , at 03:20:32 on
Wed, 11 Apr 2012, Charles Ellson remarked:
Therefore it's polite (as well as
correct) to refer to them as they refer to themselves - a water company.

They do ? :-
"Severn Trent Water is a member of the Severn Trent Group of
companies.

Don't be obtuse.

I have their bill here, with a logo at the top: Severn Trent Water.

Logos don't count, company numbers do.

On the bill it refers to "Charges for the water supply, used water and
surface water drainage services". Three lots of water!

the distinction is important when they connect their pipework to your
house.

Not in my case.

In my case two different companies are involved.

And you made an erroneous assumption that the same applied to myself.

No, I assumed that you have both mains water and a connection to a
public sewer.

You assumed there was a distinction between the companies providing
water and sewerage. There isn't - it's the same company.

You assume they aren't provided by different subsidiaries covered by
the same brand.

Getting back to tunnelling (or digging, anyway), have you reached
Australia yet? Or are all your straw men getting in the way