Old April 12th 12, 09:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Oyster penalties again

In message , at 08:30:28 on Thu, 12 Apr
2012, d remarked:
Believe it or not, with £55 million unclaimed Oyster credit, my wife has
been doing her bit in the other direction by having a negative balance of
£4.50 for over a year!

Presumably as oyster cards get more expensive to buy then the negative
balance allowed gets proportionaly larger? I'm sure the max negative balance
used to be something like 2 quid when oysters cost 3 quid.

Unless it's a "Visitor card" then the £3/£5 is a deposit, with the card
itself remaining the property of TfL.

It seems from Colin's experience that people with historic £3 deposits
(from before Jan 2011) are allowed to go £5 overdrawn though.