Old April 12th 12, 10:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default Oyster penalties again

On Thu, 12 Apr 2012 10:04:51 +0100
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 08:30:28 on Thu, 12 Apr
2012, d remarked:
Believe it or not, with £55 million unclaimed Oyster credit, my wife has
been doing her bit in the other direction by having a negative balance of
£4.50 for over a year!

Presumably as oyster cards get more expensive to buy then the negative
balance allowed gets proportionaly larger? I'm sure the max negative balance
used to be something like 2 quid when oysters cost 3 quid.

Unless it's a "Visitor card" then the £3/£5 is a deposit, with the card
itself remaining the property of TfL.

Semantics. The card is de facto the property of the person who paid for it.
The notes in your wallet are legally the property of the government but I
bet you wouldn't give it over to a minister if he asked for it.

B2003