Old February 25th 04, 03:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard Griffin Richard Griffin is offline

Default Train-numbers on the LU

writes:

Yes - anything that is in addition to the normal timetable would be
manually entered by the signalman.

Good; thanks for that.

Richard Griffin wrote:
The only thing that I may have mis-interpreted is whether a *hole* or
a "non-hole" represents a binary "1";

When demonstrating the programme roll to trainees, I define the "1" as
being the hole. This matches up with everything. If the "1" is defined
as the space, then that will give all sorts of weird answers!

Okay. I expect I sat studying my photo of it, trying to work out the
values represented by the Time Coincidence tracks, and seeing which way
round gave sensible answers!

The said roll at Cobourg St. used to have the ID for each group of
holes shown,

As it does in my photo.

In a whirlwind of unusual getting-things-done activity, I've just dug out
the photo, scanned it, and written a little webpage around it. It's only
temporary at present, and it's at:

http://www.squarewheels.org.uk/tmp/programme-machine/

TTFN,
Richard.