Old April 12th 12, 10:18 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Giovanni Drogo Giovanni Drogo is offline

Default Crossrail tunnelling to start shortly

On Thu, 12 Apr 2012, 77002 wrote:

A straight line, down from the UK, takes one to New Zealand I believe.

I have always been taught that New Zealand is at the antipodes of Italy
(also because both might somehow resemble a boot, with the heel on
opposite sides of course).

But it looks like we are both wrong, The antipodes of New Zealand are in
Spain http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antipodes !

(you may count that as UK if you consider Gibraltar :-))